Thread: I'm A Star xx

Schoolmaster

Default I'm A Star xx

Looking for info on the TB stallion, I'm a Star. Anyone got a photo of him? Also, he produced a few good eventers but what was he like as a damsire and what was the general disposition/conformation traits of his stock?

Thanks

Schoolmaster

Default Re: I'm A Star xx

Just off the top of my head, he's the dam sire of the Aldato mare Celta Vigo who has represented Ireland as a 5 and 6 year old in Lanaken in 2008 and 2009

The Absolute Very Best Of All Time
    The Great; Cruising

I think mary king's horse star appeal was by him. He was also the sire of the stallion Fogarty (TBxID), who I had a mare by yonks ago. She was gorgeous & had a great
    temp.

Oh he was fab! 'Only' an eventer and showhorse sire, mind, but still left his mark.

American-bred bay stallion, with a Raise A Native male tail line (hence the eventers ) that stood for most of his stud career with Sean Walshe in Tipperary; never seen him in the flesh but have seen pics of him. Somewhere.

Yes, Badminton & Burghley winner, Star Appeal was by him; as is Comanche and Moon Man - he was quite 'the' show horse and event sire of the 80s/90s and sadly, there are no stallion sons of his in Ireland. There is one in America, Brandenburg's Windstar, the sire of Arthur, competing in the Rolex this weekend while the current second-placed horse (after x-country) Tipperary Liadhnan is out of an I'm A Star dam.

There was another good eventer .. can't think of the name .. arrrgh .. he went to Germany.

Still lots of nice daughters left here though including Leader Star, one of the most prolific Dublin winners. Was champion hunter mare and broodmare champion and she is just the template for a real 'Irish' mare, as close to perfection on four legs as you will find.

Lots of Dublin and All Ireland champions too by I'm A Star, including Star Banner, winner of three All Ireland broodmare championships and the grand-dam of one of last year's All Ireland filly foal champions. A very smart, correct filly and think she will follow in the family hoofprints.

There was also Coolgreen Star on the British show hunter circuit with Robert Walker. We saw him at Royal Windsor one year and he was such a real eyecatcher.

Old nag

We had a lovely gelding who was I'm a Star x King of Diamonds. He was quite small, ginger, a really talented jumper, and was ever so easy to do, a true sweetheart. He was sold to an amateur and was anyone's ride. His mum could be quite tricky, so I'd give the sire a fair amount of credit for his temperament.