Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Just backed

Default Where do your horses / ponies like to be stroked / tickled?

We have had new ponio a couple of months now and I'm still trying to find out where he likes to be stroked and tickled. So where do your babies like it?

I now have photo's on this computer so will try to get grips with up loading one so you can see how beautiful he is.

S

Old nag

Default Re: Where do your horses / ponies like to be stroked / tickled?

on his forehead, under his jaw,behind his ears, between his front legs, like having his tail bone massaged.....endless list really, lol sm x

my mare loves her forelock being played with, stroking her around the poll and if she wants a good scratch at the base of her mane. The pony just likes a good scrat on his neck!!

Schoolmaster

Anywhere - he's not fussy! But generally, forehead, under jaw, neck and withers and if he's feeling a bit itchy, his bum!

Just backed

Always good to get some more idea's I stroke him all over but haven't found 'the spot' yet!!

Can't upload piccies, can anyone tell me how to do it, sorry for being thick.

S

My horse only really likes his head being rubbed - and hates to be brushed.

Sunny Somerset - surrounded by bare scorched fields...

D likes to be scratched right at the top of his tail underneath, the bit where it forms the 'v'
    H doesnt like being scratched, he just doesnt like being messed with in general
    S loves his neck and chest mainly but tbh will be scratched everywhere, he's an itchy pony!
    RIP Nettie 1998 - 2007 - My beautiful forever horse so sadly missed
    Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you I had no control over

Just backed

Mine likes behind his ear or the inside of his back leg. He leans right out and his lips start smiling, very cuddly boy!

Old nag

Share horsey isn't big on fuss, but he does like a good scratch all over his face after he's been ridden. The baby likes under her tail scratched and will randomly swing her bum at you when she wants it done. Unnerving for those who don't know her lol. The old mare doesn't like fuss either and would much prefer a carrot. The pregnant beast loves her nostrils being stroked (the velvety bit ) She likes a good scratch on all the itchy bits she can't reach now because of her big belly. And along her crest. And most especially under her chin She's so cute.

Veteran

Warrior - absolutely anywhere, particularly around the base of the tail - but only if he's in the mood.

Miri - Hamstrings - he'll reverse towards you in the field and offer his backside for a scratch (which I know a lot of people would find undesirable behaviour in a horse, but in his case I find it rather cute!)

Pharaoh - base of ears after being ridden (not really interested in scratches otherwise)

The two mares - the udder area (a rub, not a scratch), they'll both cock one leg in the air, stretch their head and neck forward and pull funny faces when this is being done. It must look totally perverse if anyone happened to see me with my hands between their back legs and the girls' faces contorted in bliss! I'm sure it won't be long before I get reported!

Pollyana - 01.05.84 to 28.06.10. Run free Polly my love, I'll never forget you.