Default Prison Van conversion

Has anyone ever converted an ex prison transport into a horsebox? How difficult is it to remove the cells and is the floor still OK afterwards?

"Put the bunny back in the box."

Default Re: Prison Van conversion

No sorry, but everytime I see them on the news I think what nice horseboxes they would make!

I work in a prison and i think that when i see the cons being moved in and out in them!! I'll have to ask G4 and see what they do with them!! Not sure about the strength with insides removed though.......

Veteran

We rung about one once, apparently they're not high enough inside for horses but ok for ponies. Don't know if they're all the same though.

If it helps I know Ryder Trucks at warrington used to service the vans and sold a few for conversion to horseboxes so they may be able to help.
    Teresa

RIP my beautiful Tammy who,s light went out 12.07.2011. but still shines bright in our hearts.

We looked into this and as jrp204 says they're not high enough internally for horses but would be ok for ponies, as apparently the floor insise is raised or something. Shame though they'd make nice horseboxes!