Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default NAF Mud Guard Supplement

Further to my post below re: sensitive horse I just wondered whether anyone had used the above supplement and whether they think it works at all.

Didn't get any replies which surprised me - I'm sure a lot of people have horses with sensitive skin and I like the idea of working from the inside to help combat things on the outside - bit like taking vitamins!!

So if anyone has used this or similar please can I hear your experiences.

Thanks.

Default Re: NAF Mud Guard Supplement

NAF mud guard sup does not work...

Come to that, most NAF products don't.

Old nag

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Erm that totally goes against what i think.

Naf Mud Guard supplement DOES work - i have a very pink skinned horse and he got mud fever very badly in the first winter i owned him.

Ive had him on Naf mud guard for 2 winters now and he hasnt had mud fever at all since the first bout.

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Erm that totally goes against what i think.

Naf Mud Guard supplement DOES work - i have a very pink skinned horse and he got mud fever very badly in the first winter i owned him.

Ive had him on Naf mud guard for 2 winters now and he hasnt had mud fever at all since the first bout.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that truely so?

I bet you have changed your routine as regards to your pony?

Sups truely don't work.

It's all hypthetical.

Old nag

Nope - he still goes out as much as he did.
    I dont have time to change my routine with my job!

I was as sceptical as you - i believe supplements are a expensive waste of time on the whole..

HOWEVER - this one really does seem to have proved me wrong and i believe it does work, as do a few other people that have started using it.

It the ONLY supplement i use, and only for that one horse, all the others get normal feeds with no sups.

Veteran

it does work- I have mad no changes to my horses routine this winter, at all. he has been having the naf supplement since sept- he is scab free. i have previously had a vets bill for antibiotics etc to treat his mud fever every winter.

what works for one horse doesnt always work for the next horse though.

[ QUOTE ]
    it does work- I have mad no changes to my horses routine this winter, at all. he has been having the naf supplement since sept- he is scab free. i have previously had a vets bill for antibiotics etc to treat his mud fever every winter.

what works for one horse doesnt always work for the next horse though.

[/ QUOTE ]

SO.....It actually dosent work, does it?...your last sentence would confirm this.

Schoolmaster

Have to admit to it not working with my horse, but I started using it halfway through the winter when he had already had a bout of it and it does say that for it to be most effective it should be started before the winter so not sure it was a fair trial but I havent bothered trying it again. Have you thought of using one of the feedmark ones, called Benevit, I think, which is much cheaper( they always do deals) and I have heard good things about?

I haven't used it my self but my boss tryed it on one of her two horses as a test to see if it would work.She did find it to work and now has both of them on it and she now swears by it.

Veteran

Not only are supplements one of those things that work on some and not on others (the same is true of humans btw!) but I find treatments for mud fever also work on some and not on others. Plus what works on one yard may not work on another.

I'm intrigued to find people who do think this works as I have a pie cob X with almost permenant low grade mud fever. I was firmily in the "most supplements are daft" camp until recently. But I have found the NAF Ener-G incredibly effective which has made me doubt my scepticism.

I suspect mid muddy winter is not the right time to start - but I might give this a go next year.