Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Livery shropshire

Does anyone know of livery yards in the newport/telford/shifnal area? Ideally offering part livery or full.

Default Re: Livery shropshire

the wyke do full livery. Telfrod equestrian centre do all different ones (but I personally wouldn't use the yard)
    then theres Lillishall EC again not a favorite of mine- there's another big yard outside Newport but I cant remember what its called but its got huge 15 x 15 indoor boxes and a 50 x 20 floodlit arena (used to be called Long barn but it has new owners now so not sure whats name is).

lilleshall ec has closed.
    long barn has been taken over by show producer julie templeton.
    there is a nice looking place over by weston park - but i don't know it's name i am afraid... (you can see the fields off the A41)

[ QUOTE ]
    lilleshall ec has closed.
    long barn has been taken over by show producer julie templeton.
    there is a nice looking place over by weston park - but i don't know it's name i am afraid... (you can see the fields off the A41)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah I wondered who had bought Long barn- I used to work as a groom there many years ago! Theres a nice yard in Albrighton but I' m not sure what its called - try looking in countrywide in Newport for some info or the countrystore thats by the vets on the Industrial estate they have a noticeboard there too.

Veteran

There's always Green Lane but not sure what they do livery wise.

The Wyke only does working livery and also only takes geldings. There’s a nice looking yard at Tong which is advertised in Albrighton Feeds.

Proud to have owned mares since 1977….And never to have bred from one!

http://www.germanshepherdrescue.co.uk/index.html

Kingswood EC in Albrighton offer full livery still i think? I know they closed the riding school to concentrate on hosting competitions but i think they still have liveries.

hi i own a yard in the shropshire area and offer full part and diy if you are still interested please call me on 07896588037 thanks

Old nag

[ QUOTE ]
    The Wyke only does working livery and also only takes geldings. There’s a nice looking yard at Tong which is advertised in Albrighton Feeds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think both of the Tong yards are full... I couldn't even get to look around the new yard but it's all individual TO so wouldn't want that anyway. Personally I wouldn't go to the old riding school, v small stables and they still expect you to visit your horse every day even when on full livery (the reason I want full livery is because I often work away..how am I meant to go up every day if I'm in Germany for 2 weeks?! ).

There is a place in Shifnal, just outside Kemberton, which I think has a couple of spaces. No idea of contact details though. They have to be working livery at the Wyke I think. Also try White House Farm in Ellerdine, was told the other day they possibly have a free stable but not sure you'll get more than just help with TO and BI.

Depending on how far you want to travel, maybe try Hunkington Farm nr Roddington (Shrewsbury way), that newish yard at London on Tern (which I think is called Longdon Liveries), or Long Lane Livery.

Hi im in eccleshall have a small yard two liverys and two of my own lovely hacking hot wash box, big tack room . 12 x 12 brick stables full rubber floor. auto waters although not much good in this weather!!
    menage half completed!! will be ready by spring.
    If your interested in having some pictures give me a private messsage
    I personally wouldnt go to the yard mentioned above by weston park, have heard bad reports but i guess you have to make your own mind up .