Page 1 of 79 12361151 ... LastLast

Default URGENT PLEASE READ - Horse Neglect Stamford, Lincs.

There are two horses very close by to my house in Stamford, Linconshire, that are in a severely emaciated condition. I found them on Sunday, and immediately phoned the RSPCA cruelty line, but as yet nothing has been done (I phoned again today, but got no further with them)

The local police do not want to know - they have told me to badger the RSPCA

I have taken photos of them - please see for yourself here:

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/k...s/IMG_9030.jpg

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/k...s/IMG_9039.jpg

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/k...s/IMG_9034.jpg

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/k...s/IMG_9028.jpg

As far as i can tell (i have had a quick scout around the field they are in) they have no access to food, clean water, or any shelter. They are outdoors and exposed with no horse rugs. They hoofs are nasty and cracked, and one of them is missing most of its teeth. I tried feeding it some carrots, but pieces of carrot were falling it out of its mouth into the dirt, which he still desperately attempted to eat.

I know virtually nothing about horses and horse welfare, but it is clear they are not healthy.

My thoughts posting on here was either some advice, or perhaps some other caring people to contact the RSPCA and badger them into doing something.

Thanks for reading.

Andy

Veteran

Default Re: URGENT PLEASE READ - Horse neglect

hi they are really in a desperate state some of the worst i have seen if you go on the world horse welfare website there will be a number on there they are the best people to phone

World Horse Welfare Norfolk branch number is 01953 498682. Phone them asap. Thanks for taking the trouble to do something in this case, they look dreadful.

Andy2481, Good for you, keep calling the RSPCA, they do take a bit of time to take action as they have to try and find who owns them serve them and get the police presence to rescue them, but they will. just keep calling them and get anyone else local to call tehm too. the more peopel that call the better.
    The more I learn the more I realise I don't know...

Veteran

http://www.worldhorsewelfare.org/contact

Try WHW, they tend to be better than the RSPCA.

TBH, RSPCA should be dealing with this - no water fgs to say nothing about their body condition!

Veteran

whw as other has said,how about emailing those pics to them.

Veteran

It would be best to go to world horse welfare instead, rspca are to busy pestering the likes of me, who has 3 perfectly healthy horses when they should be spending their time and money on animals like those you have found.
    Poor horses, well done for spotting them, hopefully things can be sorted out
    X

Proud member of 'Bob Owners Clique'
    Also Proud to be the Founding Member of "My legs are too long for my body clique" with Scranny_Ann

Schoolmaster

WHW as others have suggested. Well done for taking the time to care about these poor horses and get them some help!

Old nag

Oh my goodness!! How is that chestnut still alive?!

Well done for being so pro-active. Yet another case of the RSPCA doing sweet FA!

As posted above the WHW is a brilliant organisation, who should be far more helpful in saving those poor horses.

If at all possible, please keep us updated. xx

I agree with the others, World Horse Welfare would be the better people to call.

Thank you so much for taking the time to care for these horses.

Please let us know how you get on.