Sport horse

Default Apploosa breeders

How do you find out what grade an appaloosa is? She's main register baps, but no idea how to find out her grade. Thanks

Schoolmaster

Default Re: Apploosa breeders

My stallion is an appaloosa and his grade is in his passport, he is 'grade B' or just contact Brian Entwistle the chairman of BAPS, if she is a part-bred then she won't have a grade (maybe die hard appy fans will correct me if i'm wrong).Hope you find out.

Sport horse

i thought if she was part bred she wouldnt be main register baps? Shes got no parentage tho.

Confused

Yearling

I think she is PR Aimee, meaning Primary register which is the first stage of the grades and was used in the old days when animals were of unknown or unapproved breeding before they closed the books. You mean Minnie, don't you?
    By the way, did she foal this year?
    L

Sport horse

Hiya, yeah i do mean minnie. Thanks.

She didnt foal unfotuantly, we've had the most rotten luck all year on a personal as well as horsy level. She miscarried a chestnut based few spot filly about 6 weeks from her due date. We were absolutely gutted. Vet came out and couldnt see any reason why she should have. All swabs came back clear. Read my post in soapbox, u'll understand how crappy things have been.
    Congrats, you've got some stunning foals again this year.

Hope all is good with you
    Regards