Veteran

Default New website for rehoming ex racehorses

I have set up a website dediacted to rehoming ex racehorses

http://www.racehorserehominguk.com

It is completely free to advertise! Please contact me on racehorse_rehoming@hotmail.co.uk if you would like to place an advertisement. Please pass the word around about the site.

I am funding this 100% myself and am not making any money out of it, it is simply a site dedicted to advertising ex racehorses completely free of charge so that hopefully more will be sold to private homes rather than through sale rings.

Donate 5 to Help for Heroes by texting HERO to 60999
    Visit the new website for Stowmarket & District Riding Club (link on profile page)

Veteran

Default Re: New website for rehoming ex racehorses

Well done fantastic idea, i've got two and they are lovely boys, good luck with the site.

Rest in peace Paddy, will always love you my little boy, taken away from me 14.03.07 at 7 years of age, god bless you. xxx

Veteran

Good idea.

I have one and he is an absolute gentleman - the sooner people start to realise that they can make lovely riding horses the better!

Veteran

If anyone wants to email me with their success stories (and pictures too) of rehoming an ex racer, I am going to include a 'success stories' page on the website.

racehorse_rehoming@hotmail.co.uk

Donate 5 to Help for Heroes by texting HERO to 60999
    Visit the new website for Stowmarket & District Riding Club (link on profile page)

Veteran

excellent - I'm looking for another one next year so will keep an eye on this....
    If we are impatient, it is because we are concerned with ourselves. When it becomes about the horse, we'll have all the time in the world. - Mark Rashid

Never ask your horse a question that you haven't already shown him the answer to.

Schoolmaster

I think your site looks really good and hopefully you will attract the experienced people up to the job of re-homing ex racehorses. If I was staying in the country I would be checking the site regularly as I want my next horse to be off the track. Can you do a link to any similar sites in NZ??!
    ....and my epitath will read..."She was actually WAS late for her own funeral!"

Hope to provide you with a success story soon, when our chap has had his back sorted out!! We bought him off the track, and I'm so glad we did, as in spite of stunning breeding he absolutely hated racing, and apparently used to go on hunger strike, according to his first trainer. He's been left with crib-biting as a legacy of those days, and will always be a "worrier", but is the most willing and sweet horse imaginable. He's really putting on weight now, and seems so happy and settled - loves his hacks! I think your project sounds brilliant, and hope its really, really succcessful. Good luck!