Default bruised sole---how long to heal?

I know it's something like asking "how long is a piece of string?".

At the end of a show last Sunday, I thought the pony felt a little off, and on Monday evening, he came in lame. Various liveries/YM all disagreed on which leg or legs it was...since he didn't seem in immediate distress, and no heat, I put him in the small paddock over night.

Tuesday, I brought him in to check---still lame. There was a farrier on the yard, so I asked for his opinion, and he immediately identified the off hind (same as the YM, just goes to show whom one should listen to! ), scraped off the sole, and pointed to a small reddish mark.

He's been turned out by himself in the small paddock to rest/lose some of his ridiculous grass belly. Tonight (Sunday) he was still limping, although somewhat less, I think. The reddish mark seems paler---wouldn't notice it if I didn't know it was there.

Is there an approximate time frame for bruises to heal? Should I be worried?

His trimmer is coming out on Wednesday to have a look.
    Member of the League of Unlikely Dressage Ponies, the 'Adults who ride Ponies' Clique,
    the Trakehner Fan Club, 'The Black Stallion' Fan Club, and a Sinister Barefoot Cult.

Default Re: bruised sole---how long to heal?

My daughter's pony gets a bruised sole sometimes, and it usually takes between 1-2 weeks to fully settle down.

can take weeks keep on soft surfaces and give him arnica tablets that will bring the brusing out quicker!

Arnica tablets, sounds like a plan...do I need to get them from the vet, or will a tack shop have them?

He's back out with the others now, eating...
    Member of the League of Unlikely Dressage Ponies, the 'Adults who ride Ponies' Clique,
    the Trakehner Fan Club, 'The Black Stallion' Fan Club, and a Sinister Barefoot Cult.

It can take two to three weeks, and this is dependent on if the horse does not step on the bruise as this can set back healing time.

Thank you ISHY