Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default julia garrett saddler

good or bad opinions??

Thanks Calih for the siggy

Default Re: julia garrett saddler

FANTASTIC.

We have recently purchased three new saddles from her and will never go anywhere else. Certainley knows her stuff. Father is ex household cavalry and has passed his knowledge to Julia.
    Ask to try the Hilton saddles.
    1 of the friends of dorothy brigade

fantastic!
    http://www.mybannermaker.com/link.ph...annermaker.com

''I only drink on two occasions; when I'm thirsty and when I'm not.''
    4/7/2010 Kismet and Catwalk Katie (aka Will and cat) RIP my beautiful friends, until we meet again. xxxx
    Founder member of the AAD uncliquey, unbullying and unbitchy clique

never had her myself, personally know more people that don't like than do but would prefer to have my own opinions so don't actually know.

oh ok well saddle she fitted moves from side to side alot so she has taken back to adjust, altho she did say it was horse moving on top

so im confused

Thanks Calih for the siggy

yes and no. her father fitted a saddle for me on my old pony and fitted it for my pony but no for me. i was to big for it. so i had ian from equicraft who was very good and ended up buying a new one. but julia does reflock my saddle for me when needs be as she is cheaper.

Veteran

A frend of mine had a saddle from her father that moved all over the placenever sorted it out.

I also had the same thing done to me as Miss Buffey. He also insisted on tipping the saddle forward, so I kept sliding into the pommel and the front dug into her shoulders.

Not impressed.

Jane
    A good turn never goes unpunished!

A closed mouth gathers no feet.

I would highly recommend Julia Garrett. She is very experienced, brilliant with horses, extremely fair and understanding as well as very reasonably priced. She doesn't try and rip you off with expensive ill fitting saddles to meet commissions like many saddlers in the Bath area. I took on a pony that had had numerous problems with ill fitting tack and also extreme muscle wastage. Her help in getting him back into work was amazing, the saddle I have had from her fits him like a glove and my success with his rehabilitation would n't have been possible without such a good saddler.

Old nag

I think Julia is lovely and very capable. She is really accomodating and flexible. I would happily use her. She is very busy though and so being in a hurry recently have used Equicraft, who are Master Saddlers as well as saddle fitters, so more appropriate for me when I needed a saddle making to a specific requirement. I have high hopes for the saddle and I've always found Ian really nice and capable.

This is a 2009 thread Why has it been dragged up....??!