Yearling

Default Horse Transport - Ashford Kent

Hi!

I am just wondering if anyone knows of any horse transporters in the east Kent area. I am just looking for reasonably priced transport to local shows, sponsored rides, xc etc. I have advertised locally to see if anyone can offer me a 'lift' but had no responses. The only things I can find are 100 plus per time which is just so expensive when you are on your own.

I am happy to pay up to 60 per day but there just doesn't seem to be anything around. I am looking to compete about once a month.

Maybe someone else is in the same situation and wants to share the cost of hiring together?

Does anyone have any ideas? PM me if you prefer.

Thanks in advance!

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS!

Default Re: Horse Transport - Ashford Kent

You'll never find a company for 60 a day! self drive per day is usually around the 90 mark. If you want someone to drive I expect 10 an hour waiting time, plus milage money

Maybe interested in hiring together - Im in maidstone and I normally hire from a lady in hawkhurst but haven't ever driven the lorry so far - have normallly managed to sweet talk someone in to it!!!

Yearling

I know 60 is a bit unrealistic but not if its a shared load. I dont mind if its a box or a trailer, I can find trailer hire for 60-80 but the person is often unavailable.

toomanyhorses26, maybe you could pm me with your postcode. We might be too far away from each other to make it economical but we should look into it.

Thanks for the replies
    SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS!

Veteran

Try pm-ing Halfpass she does lorry hire at reasonable prices and wouldnt be all that far from you, i dont think!
    If it's meant to be, It will be........
    Look for the rainbow, not the rain
    I'd be unstoppable...If only I could get started!!

Thank you Stormyhorse for my banner, i love it!

Old nag

I believe Halfpass's lorry/van is 60 for 6 hours.

A friend of mine hired from her quite recently and actually collected the box the night before, and then got it back within the 6hrs the following day, so happy with the 30 each charge for her and her friend.

The lorry is in Polegate though, so miles for you to collect I think.

Yearling

What a shame Polegate is so far away, this would have been perfect.

The search will just have to continue, there must be other people doing the same things as me that want to share costs.

Thanks

[ QUOTE ]

A friend of mine hired from her quite recently and actually collected the box the night before, and then got it back within the 6hrs the following day, so happy with the 30 each charge for her and her friend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey thats great I'm glad they were pleased (who was it?)
    Schmores it may be worth giving me a call for a chat. We would consider meeting you halfway if you covered fuel costst plus a small fee. Obvously thats if me and OH are both free to do this.

Old nag

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey thats great I'm glad they were pleased (who was it?)
    Schmores it may be worth giving me a call for a chat. We would consider meeting you halfway if you covered fuel costst plus a small fee. Obvously thats if me and OH are both free to do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooh - I don't know whether I should say