Thread: Terrier Tunnels

Sport horse

Default Terrier Tunnels

My Jack R has been driving me potty since the weather went cold 3 weeks ago....we put him to bed all wrapped up and snuggley but by 3am he's squeaking to get in the bed under the duvet to snuggle down and tunnel....what terrier's do! I'm so bloomin tired at the mo as he keeps waking us up.

I'm looking for a Terrier Tunnel for him...cant find any nice ones online; does anyone know of any good suppliers?

Veteran

Default Re: Terrier Tunnels

Do you mean getting in your bed under the duvet ? I am willing to bet 100 that if you buy your dog a lovely purpose made centrally heated bed of his own, he will still prefer to get in bed with you. You need to teach him to sleep in his own bed, preferably in the kitchen.

My whippets get underneath their sleeping bag in their bed and they are plenty warm enough in my cold kitchen. If I left the door open, they would be straight in my bedroom trying to get under the duvet ! Dogs aren't stupid.

Sport horse

yeh I suppose you are right; he's slept on his own for 7 years in the living room (kitchen too small for a dog bed)....he's on his own though. Dogs feel safer sleeping with something or someone else...i bet you'll find most Jack R's sleep on the bed....I don't know any who don't and i know of alot of Jack R's: they are ******* for beds!

Just backed

I managed to wean my JR from sleeping in the bed by buying her a terrier tunnel. She loves snuggling up in it and always has had a thing about sleeping under things (I left a hoodie on the floor while I was in the bath to find her inside it when i came out!).
    I bought mine at Bakewell Show but if I remember rightly the make was http://www.dozy-dog.co.uk/ (they call them terrier burrows!)

my jrts all sleep in the kitchen, none has ever slept in my bed!
    they have a very deep foam cushion, so very well insulated, with vetbed on top, and a few fleeces to burrow into. one in particular covers himself completely every time he goes to sleep.
    there are 'pocket' beds that look ideal for jrts, i think Derby House or similar do them, might be worth a try.
    "...and I whispered to the horse: trust no man in whose eye you don't see yourself reflected as an equal." - Don Vincenzo Giobbe (circa 1700)
    "Remember, the horse has no bad intentions, he only reacts." Dr Gerd Heuschmann
    "Only ignorance! Only ignorance! Don't you know it is the worst thing in the world, next to wickedness?" -- from Black Beauty, Anna Sewell

Sport horse

thank you!