Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sport horse

Default Can anyone help??.........Companion horse/pony

my mum's horse died on fri night/sat morning, which has left my horse out in the field on his own. He seems ok but is neighing and looking down the road as if he's waiting for her to return from a hack (bless him). He was in the field when she died suddenly (vet says most likely a heart attack), and was stood near her when she had died but he doesn't seem to realise where she has gone. His eyes are sad too :-( Does anyone know the best place to look for a companion horse/pony? I'm not having too much luck looking so far and i thought there would be loads of horses/ponies that cannot be worked and/or in need of a loving retirement home with lots of yummy grass and great owners!!
    pm me if you can help
    any advice greatly received!

Thanks everyone in advance

Sport horse

Default Re: Can anyone help??.........Companion horse/pony

So sorry about your mum's horse. Why not contact local welfare groups. I adopted a companion for my horse last year and it has been a great success.

Veteran

Have a look on the veteran horse society website - they run an excellent re-homing service.
    Good Luck

Sorry to hear that, There should be tonnes of animals that need rehoming. If you get desperate, give me a shout, I do have an oldie that you could borrow.

have PM'd you

i would try blue cross. they always have nice companion ponies on the internet
    Nickie
    Everything in life happens for a reason so Live it, Learn it, and Love it.
    Use your smile to change the world, don't let the world change your smile!"

I have a lovely retired horse am looking to rehome as a companion if you are interested. PM me if you like. Thanks, Anna

Schoolmaster

I have a TB mare you can have for as long as you need, she is retired, and i am happy to supply hard food.

hey
    im sure you have probs find a horse by now, but thought id try, im off to uni and sadly i cannot ride my horse anymore, she is a lovely bay mare, she is a lovely horse, it u are still lookin please let me know im runnin out of time x i wnt to know she will be somewhere that she will be loved and looked after, i can pay however much u need. Please get bk to me here is my email: naughty_but_nice_3000@hotmail.com lol i no longest email ever x x let me no x

Veteran

jenna90, where are you?