Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Horses with Clover Hill in their bloodline?

Just wondered what people thought about this ^^^ as I've heard mixed reviews.......

Veteran

Default Re: Horses with Clover Hill in their bloodline?

I have a gelding whose dam-sire is Clover Hill. He has bucket loads of talent, and could jump the moon! He is a complete stress head though, and little things really get to him, although I am told that is more down to his sire (King of Diamonds) than anything else. Temprement wise he is lovely, and doesn't have a nasty bone in his body, just a real worrier.

Donate 5 to Help for Heroes by texting HERO to 60999
    Visit the new website for Stowmarket & District Riding Club (link on profile page)

I had a beautiful clover hill mare, she'd jump anything, I jumped her BSJA 1.25m and she was only 15.1hh, and was a complete angel to handle, though was a little hot headed x-country and used to take a while to warm up SJ.

I know someone who has a Cloverhill and he can't jump for love or money ! Dressage is different all together though.

Mine has King of Diamonds as a grandsire is a pretty laid back chap but very cheeky to handle - sounds like the opposite to "Zoeshiloh" !

i have a clover hill and hes gorgeous - heres a photo (sorry to peopel who have already seen him) hes got the bext temprament - the whole family ride him hes such a sweetie, think hes done some eventing and sj with the last owner too.

Somewhere in Ireland up north to the west abit , turn left, then right , past the tree

Majority of cloverhill horses are quite stressy in themselves ... but have a cracking jump .

If you get a bad one you really do get a BAD one but if your lucky to get a good one then well done you

["AKA ColleenIshMissy / Missytom/Colleen_Miss_Tom " Everything is possible ! You ever try slamming a revolving door ? "

CMT - you have hit my horse on the head (not literally, but you know what I mean!!!). He can be a bit stressy and worries a bit - a very senstitive chap.

When I forst got him he jumped out of every field (5 foot gates) from trot. He sure can jump but jesus, can he be bone idle when he wants to be!!!!

Sport horse

I know three Clover Hill horses, they can all really jump and all work well on the flat too, one is competing BD Elementary another just got a dressage score of 23 Pre-Novice. Two have fabulous, really easy workmanlike temperaments are very trainable too. The third is a bit hotter, not naughty just strong.

On my personal experience of these 3, I'd always go for a Clover Hill horse as an allrounder or eventer.

saskia - my chap is sensitive (he looks at everything and if he gets it wrong gets cross with himself!) but so not hot headed, hes quite opinionated tho and likes to get his own way! can we see some pics?

Schoolmaster

My 6 year old's dam sire is Clover Hill, and his sire is by Flagmount Diamond. He's quite an anxious little horse, although much better since I've had him on Equilibrium. Soft as butter and a fantastic jump, but quite idle on the flat at the moment.