Veteran

Default bump on the bridge of his nose..?

All of a sudden my QH seems to have a lump on the bridge of his nose...it doesnt seem to be in the way of his breathing channels but it is quite fleshy feeling and there is no obvious sign of an opening as if it were a bite...?

It does go down over night when I stable him but appears again once he is out in his pasture through the day...? It also went down once before and seems to have re-appeared...??

Everything seems to be going wrong for him at the moment so im wondering if he is just worn down..?
    Any ideas...?
    I was thinking maybe using hot water to bathe it to try and raise it to a head...?

Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honour and the trophy is just a decoration

Veteran

Default Re: bump on the bridge of his nose..?

Does it hurt him at all? Has he bumped it on something? Fly bite?
    If it's a swelling, I'd say a cold press rather than a hot one. But doesn't sound like you should worry too much, is it in the way of the bridle or anything?

Veteran

no not in the way of the bridle and doesnt seem to hurt him....ok ill try a cold press ;0) thanks

Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honour and the trophy is just a decoration

My horse did this, now I'm not sure what caused it exactly but I'm guesing he caught his headcoller in this field and pulled back hard to cause trauma to the bone (he'd just moved livery and I was told I had to leave his headcoller on for the first week in case they needed to catch him, was the yard rules, depsite me worrying that he may get it caught on the watering system) anyway it didn't seem to bother him, even when pressure was applied, so I kept my eye on it, made sure it did not get any bigger, there was no soft swelling, just hard and swollen and it went down very slowly after about a month...just thought I'd mention it if it sounds similar, but if your worried then maybe calling a vet might be the best option.

If it hurt....it was probably worth it!

Veteran

thanks Kenzo....He is prone to bumps...he fell over in the field and is off for a month with pulled pelvis muscles!!
    So it could well be this!! I think it also might be triggered my hayfever too....it seems to be bigger when his eyes are swollen from the pollen....when I stable him it all goes down...very weird...so im back to stabling him through the day and he is out at night....i hope it will go down soon!!
    thanks for the info