Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boett Blanket

Youngster

Default Boett Blanket

I'm thinking of buying a Boett blanket. Any views?

Veteran

Default Re: Boett Blanket

Seriously Expensive!

Just backed

Best thing I have ever bought. I know they are expensive but in my opinion well worth the money.

Veteran

It is the ONLY thing that works for my horse. Last year she was in a right state, even with the FAL silver nonsense Sweet itch rug. She would be pacing up and down desperate to come into her stable and her chest and belly were a mess of sores and weeping skin.

With the Boett she is unmarked and happy to stay out in the field. She does get a bit hot in it, but it is better than being eaten alive.

I had one for my Shetland and he ripped it to shreds, he likes to stand IN the hedge, the branches ripped the rug within hours.

One came with my youngster. Horrible thing. It was ripped to shreds in days, he sweated up in it, the belly band thingy rolled up and exposed his tenderest bits, and it wasn't nearly deep enough despite being a bit long.

I got a Rambo Sweet-itch Hoody which is the best thing ever; now on my second - the first lasted almost 3 seasons.

Old nag

Excellent rugs.

make sure you are accurate about the measurements and you should have no problems. Put it on by the end of feb and keep it on until end of nov. Once bitten you are up against it a bit but the Boett will prevent midge teeth getting to the horse in the first place.

If you find them a little expensive try the Pagony range from www.Divoza.com
    Proud member of the Spaniel Owners' Support Group

Yey for the spangle massive!!

http://www.mediawebz.co.uk/emwuk.org.uk/

i`ve bought a pagony from divorza.it was 80.00 including the bonnet.it`s really good.i can put my pon in at night now and remove it .(last year i had an ordinary fly sheet and used a mask and used loads of sprays but could not stable her cos she rubbed on the doorframe.)
    have prob saved 80.00 on flyspray!!!!

oh,had to cut off a couple of the clips thingys and put them on in a bit different place for a perfect fit,took me 5 mins.

i recomend it

I have a severe sweet itcher. The Boett was a life saver for him BUT you MUST use your noggin with these things. They are NOT heavyweight tough rugs. They are fly rugs and if you want to preserve it you have to ensure there are no sharp objects, barbed wire, hedges, trees etc that your horse will rub on. Electric fencing is a must really. Also a lightwweight summer sheet over the top is a good idea too.
    My boy is much better now since we relocated near the sea. I now can get away with a normal fly rug which is amazing considering before we moved I was considering PTS for him as he was so miserable..

Veteran
    Azerbaijan (or London and Suffolk - maybe...)

I bought a boett for the horse I had on loan last year and it made all the difference

It lasted really well (although he isn't a rug destroyer and wasn't turned out with any!) and saved his mane and tail that was only just growing back when I got him that winter.

I also used Net-Tex itch stop salve complete which is fantastic stuff - I put that on his head/ forelock so he did have th head bit of the boett - just the body/ neck bit... if that makes sense