Sport horse

Default DIY Livery near Hartpury

Hi,

Come August I am going to need somewhere near Hartpury to keep my mare.

Pref somewhere with an arena, x-country fences (small is good!) and good hacking nearby.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Diane

Veteran

Default Re: DIY Livery near Hartpury

Are you going to be resident at Hartpury? It might be worth contacting the yard staff at Hartpury directly as there always used to be livery yards advertising on the notice boards there when I did my HND there. I know of lots of yards near Cheltenham but that would be 20 mins drive. Facilities like that are hard to find in this area tho Might be worth you PMing Bounty as she lives closer to Hartpury than I do and may be able so suggest somewhere.

<font color="purple"> Siggie by Eaglestone </font>
    [b]

Sport horse

I will be studying at Hartpury, but not resident.

Yards that are 20 mins drive away are fine with me. I used to drive 35-40 mins!!

Veteran

hiya..Hartpury college have recently invested in another livery yard, about 5 mins from the college. Think its got all year turn out, an indoor school etc. A small contained yard. If you contact Hartpury they should be able to tell you.
    *may have a super safe coloured pony looking for a new best friend*

Sport horse

There is a really nice yard that does DIY and Part livery at Brand Green, about 5 miles away. A lovely 60x20 school with mirrors, hacking distance to a Xcountry course and all year turnout.

It's called Hollins Court Farm and the number is: 07968 308322

Fairfields Stables has two outdoor arenas (one 20 x 60, one bigger for jumping), xc fences (smallish but useful), all year round turnout, shared or single paddocks, Olympic level event rider on site if you fancy lessons, big stables....

Ring them on 0797 3233 647

PM me if you want my name to say who gave you the number.... and put it this way, I have kept my horse there and at Brands Green, know which I would choose. The XC course mentioned for the BG yard is just round the corner from them, about 15 mins hack (mostly at the walk) from Fairfields.

Hacking is OK but not brilliant, mainly on quiet country lanes, but that is the same all around that side of Hartpury

Sport horse

Thank you everyone for this information.