Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Horse dealers in staffordshire/cheshire

Hi all,
    I certainly cannot be accused of overusing the forum but need help and advice. I am looking for a new horse, and have my budget set aside and so am rather excited about it all. I am short of time as I do work throughout the week and wondered if you could reccomend any good horse dealers in the staffordshire/cheshire area. It would be better if I could see a few horses at the same time rather than travel. If you have had a ny good experiences or even bad. Please let me know. Thankyou.

Schoolmaster

Default Re: Horse dealers in staffordshire/cheshire

there is a place in derbyshire somewhere called yewtree not sure about anymore than that but can get more info it you want. they get irish youngsters over. My sister and i got our first ponies there and both were fantastic. They have all shapes sizes and types. might not all be youngsters but ours were so not sure.

Veteran

My horse originally came from Yewtree.

Schoolmaster

Yew tree farm stables in hazelwood , derbyshire, i used to work for them many moons ago, genuine people who will not rip you off...I have the telephone number if you want to PM me for it, they are near Duffield just off the A6. They were aklways going to ireland and the sales but they do pick up young 'good' safe ones and school them in their school etc , may take them hunting a bit etc etc and sell them on as decent horses with a bit of experience.
    There not really what you call 'dealers' but do this occasionally , they run a riding school and hunt. Well they used to anyway and have done for donkeys years.

Its Mrs Lester.

Just backed

http://www.staffordshire-horses.co.uk very honest and friendly. Have some irish horses/cobs and some event types. They hunt/hack/compete them before selling.

Veteran

I keep meaning to contact Mrs Lester to ask about where Charlie came from as his passport has nothing.

Ian Rubery is in Staffordshire, near Brewood, just off A5. umm, he has some nice sorts, might be having a sensible-price week, or not. i've never bought from him, but have seen some nice eventers and sjers that have come from him. can fish his number out for you if you PM me. i doubt he'd have anything cheap though tbh, not sure what your budget or aims are, but don't want to waste your time obv.
    "...and I whispered to the horse: trust no man in whose eye you don't see yourself reflected as an equal." - Don Vincenzo Giobbe (circa 1700)
    "Remember, the horse has no bad intentions, he only reacts." Dr Gerd Heuschmann
    "Only ignorance! Only ignorance! Don't you know it is the worst thing in the world, next to wickedness?" -- from Black Beauty, Anna Sewell

Veteran

Ian Rubery has moved, don't know where to.

Mark & Allison Allman
    Watering Trough Bank
    Madeley Heath
    Crewe
    Cheshire
    CW3 9LT
    Phone: 01782 750881

I have never personally bought anything from them but know a few people who have any they have bought some really nice horses fairly cheap that have turned out to be super stars

Old nag

[ QUOTE ]
    Mark & Allison Allman
    Watering Trough Bank
    Madeley Heath
    Crewe
    Cheshire
    CW3 9LT
    Phone: 01782 750881

I have never personally bought anything from them but know a few people who have any they have bought some really nice horses fairly cheap that have turned out to be super stars

[/ QUOTE ]

Mark would be my first port of call if I was buying. Very honest fella. His wife will ride first and take the horse over fields for a gallop, hack on the road and jump some fences for you. They are very accommodating and couldn't be more helpful.

I do believe he has a returns policy if you're not satisfied either.

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies.

Proud member of the Spaniel Owners' Support Group