Default Livery year around Hertfordshire Chorleywood

Hi

I used to stable at Patchetts when I lived in the UK. I am now returning from the USA after three years and would like to find a livery yard in the same area. I'm only not going back to Patchetts as initially I can't afford it until I get settled again. I'm going to be living in Chorleywood (near Watford/Rickmansworth) and would like somewhere close, hopefully for about 100 a week. I would like it to have turnout and I don't mind DIY. If there are great trainers Eventing first SJ and dressage second then that would be wonderful.
    My horse will be returning mid Dec, so any help is appreciated.
    Thanx

Default Re: Livery year around Hertfordshire Chorleywood

Its a little bit further a field from Watford but I know a lovely yard in Hememl Hempstead.

Its on a 1,800 acre private estate, year round turnout with mares and geldings separate. Lots of good hacking over the estate so you don't need to do any road work, I think there is also a cross country course on it.

You will have use of an indoor riding school so could bring a trainer in.

Its a DIY yard at 4.00 per day but assistance is available for turnout / mucking out etc for a bit extra. Its very private and secluded and people even box there horses there just for the hacking.

The website is http://www.gaddesdonestate.co.uk

Thank you it sounds wonderful, unfortunately the link doesn't work, could it maybe just be down?

Try this one http://www.gaddesdenestate.co.uk/livery.htm well worth a look. My horse is there now but we will be moving north in a couple of weeks.

Umm there's Rose Hall Farm in Sarratt and Coltsfoot just outside of Croxley Green and I think Catlips is near Chorleywood. Try putting stables in yell.com and then put the area.

I work in rickmansworth and am ideally looking to share somenthing in theses areas so if you know of anyone looking to share a quiet horse, let me know.

Schoolmaster

Hi,
    Wondering if you have found livery yet? I am at a very nice and friendly yard in Chorleywood it's mainly DIY but can offer part and full livery.

Check out Chorleywood Livery & Equine Spa
    Fairfield Farm
    Burtons Lane
    Chorleywood
    Herts.
    WD3 5PJ

Telephone: 01923 282015

Contact Anne Pearson

http://www.equinespa.co.uk/equine_spa_contact.htm

I have been there just over 2 years now and have been really happy. There's a large outdoor school, level turn out although not 24 hour, horses in at night, although I think this is fairly normal in the area as there's not a huge amount of grazing. Hacking is great considering we are so close to London. No XC course but if you have been at Patchets then you prob know of places in the area you can go. Anyway give it a try. Normally a waiting list so depends on when you are planning to re-locate. Nice loose boxes though and think there's a couple free right at the moment.
    Hope this helps!

Schoolmaster

OH by the way if this isn't what you want let me know as there's a couple of other yards in the area although I can't vouch for their facilities etc.