PDA

View Full Version : (PLEASE) Foal's growth height and width, (Quarter horse, Appaloosa and Paint Horse)

Nati
04-04-13, 09:12 PM
Hi!
I'm looking for the Curve or table of growth height and weight for Quarter Horse, Paint Horse and Appaloosa . I searched all over the Internet this and nothing...
Don't mind if you have only one.
Please help me.

Faracat
04-04-13, 10:07 PM
The best information I have seen on the subject is the article by Dr Bennett. However it doesn't have breed specific tables as it explains that breed does not affect the maturing rate of the equine skeleton. You might find it interesting, so here's the link anyway.
http://www.equinestudies.org/ranger_2008/ranger_piece_2008_pdf1.pdf

Enfys
05-04-13, 12:02 AM
Spring Feather on here has all those breeds she may be able to help.

I do too, but am obviously feeling particularly dim this evening as I don't quite understand what the question is:( So I am of no help, sorry.

Spring Feather
05-04-13, 03:41 AM
Spring Feather on here has all those breeds she may be able to help.

I do too, but am obviously feeling particularly dim this evening as I don't quite understand what the question is:( So I am of no help, sorry.

Nope sorry. I don't have a clue either what the OP is talking about. Sorry, no help from me either.

SNORKEY
05-04-13, 08:18 AM
Are you just after an idea of how big the foal will make? Like any breed your go by its parents. My Appaloosa x has a 14.2hh mum and a 15.2hh dad, and he's made 15.2hh, and was about 13hh as a yearling, if that helps!

Coldfeet!
05-04-13, 09:14 AM
My QH filly was 12.2 on her 1st birthday and is now 5 (has a new owner but visited regularly) and is 14.2hh
Her sire is 14.1 the dam 15.1hh.

Depends on the bloodlines and the discipline the bloodline is bred for sometimes ie western pleasure generally are a lot taller than reiners. I think it is pretty much the same for paints as they are generally coloured QH, appys I have no idea.