PDA

View Full Version : Advice for riding the Peddars Way

wanderersmelody
21-01-13, 07:38 PM
I'm thinking of riding the Peddars Way in Norfolk for charity this year doing it over 3 or 4 days. I've found some good websites but can anyone tell me first hand if you can actually ride the whole way without touching huge main roads or it being dangerous? Any where you can recommend to stay over on route. Happy for horses (2) to have just grazing or a stable and grazing? Prefer B and B rather than camping although I wouldn't rule that out as hubbie will be on hand to transport stuff on each pit stop. Any advice or even any other routes (looking for 60 miles or so in total) thanks.

cold_feet
21-01-13, 08:34 PM
Good luck, sounds great. Have you seen this leaflet?

http://www.nationaltrail.co.uk/PeddarsWay/uploads/Horse%20Riding%20information%20sheet%20Mar%202010. pdf

HollyB66
21-01-13, 08:43 PM
The link posted by Cold Feet is the one I was going to suggest. There appear to be 2 routes, 1 seems to be more horse friendly than the other but doesn't stick entirely to the Peddars Way - for reasons of safety.

I've been looking at routes for the Peddars Way only tonight, I saw a post on Facebook Riding Buddies page about someone looking for company for this ride and it has got me interested.

wanderersmelody
21-01-13, 08:56 PM
I'm going to do quite a bit of research on this so ill add to the post when I find stuff out if that helps.

hest
21-01-13, 09:14 PM
As it's for charideee you can come and stay with me if you like. I live near Roudham Heath about 700 metres from Peddar's Way. We've got more than enough room to put up two tired riders and their horses. The only condition is that you let me ride a section of Peddar's Way with you the following day :)

Bobbly
21-01-13, 09:53 PM
And if she's ^^^^^ doing it, so am I!!

flirtygerty
21-01-13, 10:55 PM
For those that can't join you, set up a Just giving page, where people that want to can donate to your charity.
Good luck, sounds like fun

wanderersmelody
22-01-13, 12:43 PM
I'm going to be doing this for the Royal Marsden Cancer Charity and will be setting up a JustGiving page soon. My Dad's terminally ill and was diagnosed with C last january. His prognosis was poor - yet he's still here and the hospital have been amazing. Dad did a lot of charity work for the Queen Elizabeth hospital for children back in his day and I just want to do something a bit different for him and also in appreciation of the work the hospital have done. I want to challenge myself and also not do it as part of a big organised event as I'm keen to really make this quite a personal challenge. Anyone is welcome though to join in. Just a bit concious of not making it an official thing because of insuances/liabilities etc.I've only just really come up with this plan so I'll probably create a facebook page and post again on here. And a huge thank you to 'HEST'. I will be in touch! xxxx