PDA

View Full Version : can anyone recommend a shredded paper supplier in the Southwest?

LouLou3
28-01-10, 03:40 PM
I posted a post earlier saying I was desperate to change my horse from shavings to straw - since then I've spoken to a a colleague who recommended shredded paper - not the small stuff but the longer stuff - she reckons its brilliant so I've been on the net and tried to find a supplier but had no luck - so just wonder if anyone can recommend any suppliers I live in North Dorset so anywhere in Dorset, Wiltshire, Somerset or even Hampshire would be ok.

Thanks

RuthnMeg
28-01-10, 03:46 PM
http://www.horsedata.co.uk/BEQueryResults.asp
Maybe of some help. I do know someone who uses paper, I will ask where they get it from when I see them, (tomorrow).

BackInBlack
28-01-10, 03:52 PM
have you got a mole valley farmers by you? i know they sell shredded paper bales but not sure if it is long or short cut

beaujolais1967
28-01-10, 04:20 PM
Mole Valley at Cullompton sell bales of paper bedding. It's tiny little pieces so not good if you need long cut. I'm desperate for a reliable supplier, too, in the Taunton area. It used to be easy to get from a feed merchant at Norton Fitzwarren but they've changed hands or something and don't do paper any more.

Zebedee
28-01-10, 04:22 PM
I used shredded paper once & it was awful. It ended up in one huge clump after one night. Chopped is great though.

beaujolais1967
28-01-10, 04:34 PM
We've been using bales of paper bedding for 2 years and never had any problems with it. It's really quick and easy to muck out and there's no dust. The horses love it.

orkanmylove
28-01-10, 05:50 PM
Is Dorchester Dorset any good to you if so PM and i will give you the details thanks

jhoward
28-01-10, 05:55 PM
always worth speaking to shred it. they are a sw company, that do there own shredding, all their paper ends up a te recyling centre

china
28-01-10, 06:18 PM
where i work sales paper bales, not sure if its long or short though, pet and livestock supplies north somerset.