PDA

View Full Version : Storage

Morrigan_Lady
20-01-09, 12:40 PM
I was just wondering what everyone uses as storage at the yard?

The yard where both my horses are soon to be at is lovely, but Im a tad concerned about storage space as I have SO much stuff!
Ive been looking on ebay for a shed, but they all seem quite expensive.

eoe
20-01-09, 01:33 PM
We have metal shipping containers, 20ft x 10ft and we allocate two horses/liveries per container. You can get an awful lot of stuff in one of those and you can get them for around 300 off a company of the internet whose name escapes me but think they are based Harwich way.

HollyP
20-01-09, 01:51 PM
oooo in focus they have sheds for 119!

CrazyMare
20-01-09, 07:39 PM
We have individual or shared (between 2 people) tack rooms at our yard. Mine is a very dinky one designed for one horse one owner - I have two horses....

I have an ex army packing crate full of rugs, then a shelf above head hight with boxes on with other stuff in, plus a bucket of wash stuff/first aid kit/kettle etc

My feed bins sit down the left wall, up to the packing crate across the short wall. I then have a rug rack for rugs in use and a saddle rack and bridle rack for saddle (keep it at home) and lunging kit.

Key with a small amount of space is to just be really organised and disciplined about putting things away properly.