PDA

View Full Version : Colic Surgery Update 2

Salcey
24-11-08, 03:23 PM
Well its never dull!!!!

We got a phone call this morning to say they had managed to take and x ray and it IS ligament damage in his neck.
BUT some of the muscle tissue from his midline was dropping through his skin sutures (sp) and he needed surgery again quickly.
It was decided he must have caught himself in the belly as well as the neck in the panic when trying to get up in recovery.

So the vets have been absolutely fantastic. We had a long conversation and we deceided to go ahead as everything to do with the colic was going fine. He had pooed and peed and was generally quite a perky boy.

They agreed to do an assisted recovery this time which is against the surgery policy as this was a major worry after last time.

I am now sitting by the phone waiting to hear he is on his feet and I feel quite sick!

Keep the vibes coming please.

And a huge thankyou to everyone for their support.

Lx

mattilda
24-11-08, 03:25 PM
Hope he is OK. The waiting is soooo hard. Got everything crossed for him.

Salcey
24-11-08, 04:36 PM
Just had a phone call, he's awake the op went ok but is not getting up at the moment. The vets keep asking and he cant raise his quarters. Thankfully at the moment he is not distressed or paniced so its now a waiting game.

dozzie
24-11-08, 04:59 PM
(((((((((((((((((((Vibes)))))))))))))))))))))

Fingers crossed he is up soon.

DMxxx

debsflo
24-11-08, 06:27 PM
let us know keeping fingers crossed.he looks gorgous.

Butterbean
24-11-08, 06:42 PM
What a nightmare, am thinking of you. Hope you get good news soon.

emmah
24-11-08, 07:04 PM
Fingers Crossed for you.

Cazzah
24-11-08, 08:14 PM
Really hope he's ok and you have some good news soon...x

slingo1uk
24-11-08, 09:52 PM
<<<<<<<<<<<<<Vibes 4 Toyboy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

_jetset_
25-11-08, 07:31 AM
Oh no... just read this!!!

Is he up and about now?

Daffodil
25-11-08, 10:29 AM
Fingers crossed and huge vibes on their way
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((get up boy ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

MurphysMinder
25-11-08, 12:49 PM
There is an RIP post in common room, sadly I think it is the same pony http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Toyboyroxhissox
25-11-08, 12:54 PM
yep, it is the same pony.
Sadly he had to be PTS yesturday night.

mattilda
25-11-08, 01:05 PM
So so sorry to hear you lost him. At least you gave him every opportunity, it just wasn't meant to be. My heart goes out to you and all of his connections. He looked a cracking little lad, so sad. Sleep well little man.

MurphysMinder
25-11-08, 01:07 PM
So sorry to hear this. RIP Toyboy, hugs to you and everyone who loved him.

Daffodil
25-11-08, 02:03 PM
Oh No. So sorry that for once the vilbes failed to perform their usual magic. Many condolences on the loss of your lad.

slingo1uk
26-11-08, 09:31 AM
Oh no Im so sorry to hear he didnt make it.
Poor Baby
RIP Toyboy