PDA

View Full Version : Z foal festival results

eventrider23
21-07-08, 09:15 AM
Selfishly, seeing as Beth is in foal to him and we love this boy, I was very interested to see that out of the foals presented to the foal festival, Amiro Z had a colt who came 6th and a filly who came 9th in the festival. Not bad I think for a young and potentially ‘unfashionable’ TB X stallion I think….I know there was a discussion a while ago about whether he will be as good as is hoped.

It was also interesting to see that not only did Levisto Z sire the top colt foal and also sired Level Z who sired MANY of the foals presented and very well placed throughout the festival…..

KenRehill
21-07-08, 10:42 AM
I know there was a discussion a while ago about whether he will be as good as is hoped. Yes, but you have to look at who was making the comments on one hand, and then the man who bought the horse on the other. The buyer was Mr Melchior, world famous breeder with numerous successes under his belt including Ratina Z and the establishment of a very well regarded Stud book and stud farm. The other, well.....................................

eventrider23
21-07-08, 10:52 AM
believe me ken - as you well know I love Amiro so am totally on the side of Z where this horse is concerned and excitedly awaiting our 2009 Amiro baby....who we saw on the scanner on Saturday at nearly 90 days preggers….had another scan as she was show some overtly stallion like behaviour so Ginny was just double checking! Definitely a little Amiro baby there..tried to sex it but was swimming around way to fast to get a good look! (boding good things to some as an eventer maybe LOL  )

Navalgem
21-07-08, 07:58 PM
Congrats http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm thinking of using a tb x stallion on Minx next year so may well be Amiro Z