PDA

View Full Version : scrap value - lorry ?

Ottinmeg
15-07-08, 09:10 PM
anyone got any ideas on what this would be worth scrap ? theres nothing wrong with it mechanically, few bits of rust here and there but nowhere that affects plating etc. needs a new floor in the horse section which i havn't replaced as i can't keep it anyway. Its currently at old livery yard and YO is being very patient! ive tried selling it on ebay to no avail and reckon i will just have to scrap it to get rid.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j48/gails5/032a-3.jpg

jewel
15-07-08, 09:28 PM
cars are getting about 100 each from scrap, so i think you'll get a reasonible(sp) amount

the watcher
15-07-08, 09:47 PM
You will get more on ebay, you just need to be more flexible about the price

madwoman
15-07-08, 09:49 PM
i would try ebay again with no reserve i sold mine like that few weeks ago and got decent amount for it

Ottinmeg
15-07-08, 10:04 PM
how much do you think its worth ? trouble is ,im running out of time! If i could find somewhere to keep it,id do the floor and whack another 12 months MOT on it now (its only done 300 km since the last one!) dont think the neighbours would be impressed if i took up all the parking spaces outside the houses. other option is to drive it through my fence and park it in my garden http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

chriscrogul
15-07-08, 10:11 PM
Scrap is about 80 per ton but the price fluctuates almost daily; three months ago it was 160! If you are scrapping it yourself you will need to take the body off and cut it up to scrap it (assuming it is a metal body, I can't tell from the picture, and remove the battery and the wheels. There are a couple of lorry scrap dealers who advertise in H&H regularly, I'd imagine they'd give you in the region of 2-300.

Vicki_Krystal
15-07-08, 10:15 PM
i think you would be better putting it back on ebay with no reserve.

Ottinmeg
15-07-08, 10:21 PM
lol i forked out a grand last october on it so maybe i wont scrap it. cant be doing with having to do all that lot to it. http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Ottinmeg
15-07-08, 10:24 PM
i could put it on with no reserve but im not going to give it away! what do you people think it is worth as it stands now. i want to see if im way off the mark.

Ottinmeg
15-07-08, 10:26 PM
chris, the body is wood so probably worth even less to the scrap man

the watcher
15-07-08, 10:28 PM
In all honesty, if I was looking at it on ebay, my maximum bid would be 1500. The vehicle really has a ceiling of 2,500 given the age, and by the time you have replaced the floor you are getting dangerously close to that. I know it has cost you more that that to get it to where it is, but in all honesty that is of no interest to your prospective purchasers. I had to write off over 1000 to sell mine and it didn't need anything doing to it.

carthorse
15-07-08, 10:35 PM
I got 1500 for my last lorry , it did have a good floor and about 3 months plate it was on a G plate, . We spent a lot on it each time it went for plating and wanted to get a younger model . Paid 14,000 for our new lorry but it still cost a lot to get through the plate. I think it gets harder each year !
Good luck

Laafet
15-07-08, 11:36 PM
QR - Our yard owner has been trying to sell her big lorry for last couple of months on Ebay and cannot shift it. I wouldn't put it on with no reserve either. Maybe try freeads instead or keep it seen as you have spent a lot on it.

LCobby
15-07-08, 11:51 PM
The floor of the horse area is not tested as part of the MOT, the MOT is for roadworthiness, not horse safety.

Take it for a MOT test, then if it does not pass, you can at least get an estimate from it's report..
If it had 12 mths MOT, a lot of people would be happy to do the new floor themselves.
Try a local paper horse section ad, or a Regional horse magazine, as nearer for buyers to have a look.

PaddyMonty
16-07-08, 08:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

If it had 12 mths MOT, a lot of people would be happy to do the new floor themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. I would happily buy a lorry that needed a new floor or other non-mechanical work. I wouldn't even consider an older lorry without an MOT. 1) Without a fail report you have no real idea what needs doing or the cost. 2) No economical way to move lorry from your place to mine.