PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have gullets in N or NM for wintec??...

redmerl
19-05-08, 10:17 PM
Does anyone have a Narrow and/or Narrow/Medium gullet for Bates/Wintec saddle that needs a home?

My ned seams to like changing shape at the moment.

Also do you think these saddles are quite narrow compared to other major brands.

My friend has just bought a Albion K2 jumping saddle and I'm very jelous!! http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Thanks! (Also in SY)

FinkleyAlex
19-05-08, 11:41 PM
I had a narrow medium but sold it on ebay so maybe check there. I've been told that wintecs don't fit the majority of horses - mine lasted me 8 years untill the saddler told me that the true was actually fractured somehow or other! So it went to wintec heaven!

CBAnglo
20-05-08, 09:19 AM
Ask Nats_uk_ as she has both just recently changed but not sure if she is selling them

Britestar
20-05-08, 04:51 PM
I would be worried at anything needing NM or Med. There are very few horse out there who need saddles that narrow, unless there are muscle wastage probs??

CBAnglo
20-05-08, 09:36 PM
I agree - the normal wintec tree is actually a medium so anything narrower is worrying but then I have seen people fit a narrow onto a 16hh horse whereas I would never fit anything less than a medium on that horse.

FinkleyAlex
22-05-08, 06:59 PM
I have a 14.2 shp with a high wither - he doesn't have muscle wastage or anything, is the correct weight and he needed a medium width.