The British eventing team for the Olympics in London has been confirmed as:
- Tina Cook on Miners Frolic, owned by Sarah Pelham, Nicholas and Valda Embiricos
- William Fox-Pitt on Lionheart, owned by Jeremy and Judith Skinner
- Piggy French on Jakata or DHI Topper W, both owned by Wally French and Michael Underwood
- Mary King on Imperial Cavalier, owned by Janette Chinn and Edwin and Sue Davies
- Zara Phillips on High Kingdom, owned by Gleadhill House Stud Ltd
Zara is pictured at Bramham last weekend, where third place in a high-quality CIC*** field secured her spot.
No reserves have been named yet.
For in depth analysis and opinion from our eventing editor Pippa Roome about the team selection see the current issue of H&H (14 June 2012)
Reactions on twitter
— Clare Balding (@clarebalding1) June 11, 2012
@horseandhound gutted for Nicola Wilson and Opposition Buzz… They were my firm favourites!
— Beckie Swann (@beckieswann) June 11, 2012
Come 2012 selectors will either have egg on their faces or be donned geniuses- can’t wait to read the outrage letters in @horseandhound 😉
— Emma Coverdale (@elcequestrian) June 11, 2012
— Jill Archbold (@JillArchbold) June 11, 2012