France and Germany have both confirmed their riders who will contest the eventing competition at the FEI Alltech World Equestrian Games in Kentucky.
Both squads contain strength in depth and are likely to prove tough to beat in both the team and individual competitions.
Germany will be aiming to retain the title they won in 2006, while the French will be aiming to go one better than their two team silvers in 2002 and 1994.
The French squad includes:
- Nicolas Touzaint and Tatchou
- Donatien Schauly MCH and Séculaire
- Lionel Guyon and Métisse de Lalou
- Pascal Leroy and Glenburny du Léou or Minos de Petra
- Arnaud Boiteau and Expo du Moulin
- Jean Teulere (individual WEG gold medalist in 2002) and Matelot du Grand Val
The German team comprises:
- Andreas Dibowski and Euroridings Butts Leon or FRH Fantasia
- Michael Jung and La Biosthetique Sam
- Ingrid Klimke (pictured) and FRH Butts Abraxxas
- Frank Ostholt and Mr Medicott
- Dirk Schrade and Gadget De La Cere
- Simone Deitermann and Free Easy NRW
- Read the latest World Equestrian Games news