British Eventing is introducing online voting in the election of its board of directors for the first time.
In addition to voting by post or in person at the BE Convention & AGM 2007, which is taking place on Sunday (21 January) at the Royal Court Britannia Hotel, Keresley, Coventry, BE is allowing members to place their votes via its website.
The board candidates are Sir William Aldous, Roger Day, Alex Fox, Alec Lochore, Nicky Salmon, Les Smith, Chris Stock and Tony Willson. Short biographies for each of the candidates are available on www.britisheventing.com and in the December issue of Eventing magazine.
Julie Harding, Editor of Eventing magazine says: “In the last few months British Eventing has been going through one of the greatest periods of change since its formation. The review into the structure of BE had far reaching consequences which have led to a slimmer, hopefully more efficient body. You can play your part in the future of BE by placing your vote and if you are unable to attend the Conference on Sunday, you can vote online.”
To place your votes online, members should visit the website, click on the BE Convention & AGM 2007 link and follow the on screen instructions. You will need your membership number and website password in order to complete the process. Online voting closes at 10.45am on Friday 19 January.
The final voting for the BE board of directors will take place during the AGM on Sunday morning, which will be followed by classroom sessions on a variety of topics available after lunch.
- BE’s Chief Executive welcome
- Mike Etherington-Smith on his new sport committee and plans for the future
- BEF Chairman Hugh Thomas on the equestrian site for London 2012.
- AGM voting
- BE Awards
- Psychology from the competitor and official viewpoint
- Farriery and gait analysis
- Ground conditions – preparation, equine physiology and riding
- Cross-country courses – from an idea to reality
- Transport Research Laboratory safety update