Last year’s individual silver medallist Dani Evans (pictured) heads up the British squad for the eventing junior European Championships in Bad Segeburg, Germany (19-22 August).
With her grandmother Heather Sheppard’s Uchin, Dani finished second in the recent under-18 national championship at Glanusk.
Dani is joined on the Hows Racesafe-sponsored squad by Millie Dumas, who was lying 11th when she had to withdraw Action Packed before the showjumping at last year’s junior Europeans.
Recent Tattersalls junior CCI* winner David Doel makes his British squad debut, as does last year’s junior regional novice champion Lucy Loughton, while former pony squad member Helen Dunning also makes the cut.
Tim Rogers, best of the juniors at Houghton CCI** in eighth with home-bred horse Corrieview Owen, also wears the Union flag for the first time.
One notable omission from the squad is recent under-18 national champion Eliza Stoddart, who has suffered the disappointment of her ride Strike A Pose picking up an injury which ruled him out of selection.
- David Doel, 17, on Emma Whitehead’s Pick And Mix II
- Millie Dumas, 17, on her own and her father Robin’s Action Packed
- Helen Dunning, 17, on Vicki Irlam’s Pebbly Flux
- Dani Evans, 18, on her grandmother Heather Sheppard’s Uchin
- Lucy Loughton, 17, on Penny Edwards’s Abigail III
- Tim Rogers, 18, on his own Corrieview Owen
Reserves (in alphabetical order)