The Land Rover Burghley Horse Trials will be back to showcase the very best horses and riders in the sport of eventing on 31 August to 3 September. Situated on the border of Lincolnshire and Cambridgeshire, one of Britain’s key events in the autumn social calendar will welcome over 150,000 visitors to its picturesque parkland setting.
Horse & Hound is offering lucky readers the chance to win two 2017 membership packages, worth £200 each! This membership package comprises two four-day admission tickets, one four-day car pass for forward parking, one members badge, one guest badge and dedicated members seating. Simply answer the question below by 11am on Friday 18 August for your chance to win.
Hot on the heels of the 2017 European Eventing Championships, it is anticipated that visitors will have the chance to welcome home Team GBR riders and witness European medallists in action.
The four days of competition is set to be fierce this year with more than 80 of the world’s most elite horses and riders bidding to secure the title of Land Rover Burghley champion and earn the substantial prize pot of £90,000.
Boasting over 600 hand-selected tradestands and a wide range of culinary delights, Burghley does not just appeal to the avid equestrian fan. The beautiful parkland will house a wide variety of retail therapy opportunities where guests can sample local chutneys and cheeses, choose from the country’s finest cashmere, select luxurious home furnishings and of course stock up on equestrian essentials.
The gates will open for hardcore eventing fans on Wednesday for the first horse inspection, while the main competition gets underway on the Thursday when horse and rider combinations will take to the main arena for the dressage phase of the competition. After the second round of riders have completed their dressage test on Friday, the long awaited cross-country will take place on Saturday. Sunday will see the top riders head into the main arena to see who will take the title of Land Rover Burghley Horse Trials 2017 champion.
Advance bookings will receive early bird discounts and flexi admission tickets are available for Thursday, Friday and Sunday. Visit burghley-horse.co.uk to secure your tickets.
Terms and conditions
Burghley 2017 Competition Terms & Conditions
1. The promoter of this competition is Burghley Horse Trials (“Promoter”), which has its registered offices located at Burghley Estate Office 61, St. Martins, Stamford, Lincolnshire, PE9 2LQ and is a company registered in England and Wales under company number 07087188.
2. This competition is administered and fulfilled by Time Inc. (UK) Ltd (“TIUK”), which has its registered offices located at 161 Marsh Wall, London E14 9AP and is a company registered in England and Wales under company number 53626.
3. There will be one winner of this competition. The winner will each win the following prize: 2 x 2017 membership packages.
4. The winner(s) are responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prize, including any necessary travel documents, passports and visas.
5. This competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
6. This competition is open to residents in the UK (excluding Northern Ireland) aged eighteen (18) or over with access to the internet, excluding employees and past employees of Promoter and TIUK, their printers and agents and anyone materially connected to the administration of this competition. Proof of eligibility must be provided upon request.
7. This competition will run on www.horseandhound.co.uk
8. To enter this competition, you must provide the correct answer to a question and submit the answer along with your contact details as per the instructions on the competition website.
9. This competition will open on 7 August 2017 and the closing date is 11am GMT on 18 August 2017.
10. You can only enter this competition online, via the above. Entry made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void. Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
11. Only one entry per person may be submitted. All entries will become the property of TIUK and will not be returned. TIUK and Promoter accept no responsibility for entries unsuccessfully submitted.
12. Entries must be made directly by the person entering this competition. By submitting an entry, you agree to be bound by these Competition Terms.
13. The winner(s) will be drawn at random from all correct entries received by the closing date. The decision of TIUK is final and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision.
14. Winner(s) will be notified by email or telephone on or before 21 August by Burghley Horse Trials. TIUK will share the winner’s details with Burghley Horse Trials securely. Prizes will be dispatched on or before 21 August by first class post.
15. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner(s). If the winner(s) cannot be contacted, or if the winner(s) are unable to comply with these Competition Terms, TIUK reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random, or in the event that this competition is being judged, to offer the prize to the runner(s)-up selected by the same judges.
16. Failure to respond and/or provide information requested, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements, may result in forfeiture of the prize.
17. Prizes are subject to availability and the prize supplier’s terms and conditions. The prize is as stated, is not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer. TIUK accepts no responsibility whatsoever for elements of the prize being withdrawn. In the event of the prize being unavailable, TIUK and Promoter reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
18. TIUK and Promoter reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions at any time and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of this competition. Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
19. Insofar as is permitted by law, TIUK and Promoter, their agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner(s) or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of TIUK and/or Promoter, their agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
20. If you are a winner of this competition, you agree that TIUK and Promoter may use your name, photograph and town or county of residence to announce the winner(s) of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes, and you agree to co-operate with any other reasonable requests by TIUK and Promoter relating to any post-winning publicity.
22. In the event of a discrepancy between these Competition Terms and the details in the promotional material, the details in the promotional material shall prevail.
23. These Competition Terms will be governed by English Law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.