Six individuals have joined the ranks of official BHS Instructors
Just six of the 21 candidates who sat the recent BHSI exam have become offical “BHS Instructors”.
The successful candidates are:
- Patricia Hayler, Sheppey, Kent
- Rebecca Coleman, Newent, Gloucestershire
- Elizabeth Taylor, Oxton, Nottinghamshire
- Susan Chadwick, Huddersfield, Yorkshire
- Rebecca Adams, Holmfirth, Yorkshire
- Sarah Bassett, Bonvilston, South Glamorgan
Annette Robinson, head of BHS examinations described the pass rate as about average, due to the high standard the exam requires.
“The Instructor’s exam is extremely demanding and requires the candidate tohave a full allround knowledge of of the subject,” she explained. “The individuals riding skills and teaching ability, both on the flat and when jumping, must be extremely strong to pass.”
The Instructors exam is the second highest qualification for riding instructors in the UK, and is only exceeded by the extremely prestigious BHS Fellow.